I started this... came back to it... started again... let it go and now am back at this one.
More from the dreaded drafts queue!
I had stopped there but there but hasn’t this season been fun already? You have Lucas Duda, Travis D’Arnaud, Yoenis Cespedes, Noah Syndergaard, Jersys Familia, Steven Matz and Seth Lugo all on the disabled list and it’s only May!I’m a big Mets fan and being a Mets fan these days is somewhat problematic because it means suffering through the missteps of a dysfunctional ownership that somehow expects fans to just show up at the ballpark when the team (product) they offer up really isn’t a good one at all.Well... this was written awhile ago and you know it was because of the current state of the Mets. Now, the Mets are in that once in a decade cycle where they are a team to be feared.
Sometimes I see Mets management do downright stupid things I just can’t explain because they are so wrongheaded and counterproductive. As (I feel) an astute baseball fan I look at the ways the Mets can throw away money at times and am left just scratching my head. No one that watched Oliver Perez pitched with any kind of regularity could have thought it was a good idea to sign him to a three year contract but the Mets did just that.
This year they let Jason Bay leave and go play for another team while they’ll still be paying his salary for the entire 2013 season. Even though it might have made more sense for the Mets to approach the Cubs and see if there was any interest in an outright swap of Bay for Alfonso Soriano (two players in need of a change of scenery and both with...
Mets fans know exactly what I’m talking about when I say once in a decade because there have been periods in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and aughts...
Plus we now have the event know as DildoGate!
A couple of years ago before the pandemic and the weirdest baseball season on the history of the game, things that became big news were things like Dildogate. TJ Rivera was the hero in a Mets comeback win way back in May 2017 and after the game when they took a pic for the Mets official twitter stream, no one noticed the rather LARGE sex toy sitting in the locker next to Rivera’s (hint - look to your right on the shelf in the bottom of the locker).
Mind you it’s not something that jumps out at you when looking at the photo (and really shouldn’t it?) but it became something of a big deal especially during a week when Noah Syndergaard went down for the season and Matt Harvey started on his trip to baseball irrelevance.
Apparently the toy in question was something of a joke among the players and passed around in the locker room. It was harmless but funny and yet another one of those stories that only seem to happen to the Mets.

No comments:
Post a Comment